Content management system
Using a web-based content management system, we build websites that are easy to update and maintain.
Editing tools allow you to easily:
- Easy-to-use WYSIWYG editing, with option to use HTML coding when necessary
- Add or change photos.
- Appropriate for staff with a range of technical skills.
- Create and maintain calendars, forms, links, and content. Staff access can be set to specific pages and functions.
- Free 24/7 remote access to the site to upload articles and other content and to make content additions and corrections.
- Web-based, and 100% PC and Mac-compatible.
- As technology continually evolves, the Drupal community creates updates and enhancements which keep your site technically current.
Maintain the site using a Content Management System (CMS)
- Allows staff in various interest areas to create and maintain their own page within the website, fully branded to the website as a whole, but allowing appropriate audience-specfic photos, calendars, forms, links, and content, such as teacher pages, event pages, department areas.
- Control access at the page level and by function.
- CMS training is provided for staff members.
- Easy-to-use interface for staff to input and update information, including remote access. Different staff functions have different levels and areas of accessibility. For instance, each teacher can update their own classroom pages.
- Allows for a webmaster to manage overall site maintenance and technical issues, or you may set up a maintenance agreement with Brewer Communications for site management.
- Select staff can have day-to-day responsibility for individual pages or entire sections of the site.
- Incorporate photos to highlight events and services.
Technology: current and future
- Take advantage of current technologies and allow for addition of future technologies.
- Site is not dependent on any vendor-specific software or hardware.
- Easily create forms which can be e-mailed to selected staff members; for example, volunteer applications or meeting room reservations.
- Data submitted through on-line forms can be saved to a database.
User interface and interactivity
- High visibility for live chat and social networking.
- Incorporate features such as blogs, wikis and RSS feeds.
- Ability to poll users.
- Using CSS or other methods, site provides for printing pages as displayed on screen as well as printing only the actual unique page content (“printer friendly” version)
- Advanced search options, including filtering the search by title, author, topic, date.
- Podcasts and blogs.